In the heart of the Amazon rainforest, one of the most wonderful destinations that exists in Peru, is the starting point to know and admire the spectacular nature reserves and admire the biodiversity that exists there.
The Tambopata National Reserve, welcomes all visitors so that they can marvel at the stunning landscapes and immensity of their rivers, being a very interesting land throughout the course of a year, where the rainy season is very marked, reaching an increase in river flow up to 5 meters more than usual, which creates fabulous scenarios, here we can see the Macaw Clay Licks, witnessing this important process in the diet of this representative bird of the Amazon.
During the nights we can meet the natural inhabitants of the place, like the black caiman that remains immovable waiting for the precise moment to act.
The multicolored spectacle that nature offers throughout the reserve is incredible and combines with the beautiful night sky covered with a blanket of stars from where we can admire the Milky Way and many more constellations.
- The altitude is 186 meters or 610 feets above the sea level.
- The weather is hot and heavy rain during rainy season.
- Max. Temperature: 34°C or 93.2°F
- Min. Temperature: 17°C or 62.6°F
- The best time to travel is from April to November.
- The main festivity is San Juan on June 24th.
- The rainy season is from December to April.
- How to get to Puerto Maldonado:
By plane to the International Airport Padre Aldamiz (PEM), the travel time from Cusco is 50 minutes.
By bus, the travel time from Cusco is 10 hours.